On Nasdisc, Alerts allow you to get notified via text or email whenever a record is listed for sale for a price and condition set you specify. Alerts can be useful if you want to keep tabs on when a record hits a certain price but don't want to commit to buying it right away.
Unlike bids, sellers are unable to see alerts placed on a record, and a record may trigger alerts for multiple users at once. If you would prefer to signal to sellers the price you're willing to pay for a record and automatically receive it if a seller lists for that price, consider placing a bid instead.
It's important to note that alerts are one time use, so if 10 records get placed matching your price and condition set, only the first will trigger the alert, and the alert will need to be re-armed if you would like to continue to receive notifications.
To place an alert:
- Search for the record you want to create an alert on and select the specific pressing (release) you are interested in.
- Click the blue "Get Price Alerts" button near the top right side of the release page
- Specify the minimum disc and sleeve condition you would like to trigger the alert
- Specify the maximum price you would like to trigger the alert
- Set the duration you would like the alert to stay active for
- Specify if you would like the alert to send an email, a text message, or both
- Press the blue "Create Alert" button at the bottom of the box
- Your alert will now trigger if a record matches your specified priced and condition or better!